Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why Fight!

"Why we’re in a fight and why we should fight?" Wow! As I was driving down the road, I had a revelation while listening to "Fighting For Me" by Dr. Tony Evans’ son, gospel recording artist, songwriter, Anthony Evans, taken from his debut album "Home", which inspired me to tweet and blog encouragement for someone that is in a Fight Today! 

The lyrics from the song, "The size of the fight is measured by the prize it will be won", immediately quickened my spirit; for I had recently heard from a dear saint that I had not communicated with in a very long time. She explained: "she didn't know why she was in such a fight and why the struggle was so hard. When it was not supposed to be."

Thus, these words are to encourage her, as well as you (us), if you find yourself in a Fight Today and just can't seem to explain what and why you're going through.

First my friend, we must understand our life is worth fighting for. But this fight is for us and not against us.

In this fight, Jesus is fighting our battle, but we are experiencing the blows He's taken for us. We are feeling the aftershocks of every blow Christ has taken for us in the fight for our life. The life He purchased for us that is precious enough for Him to protect. The devil will not win! Although, at times we feel otherwise.

Second, we must realize and know we have the victory! It does not matter how difficult the fight, we will experience what Jesus did in order to see what He has gone through to keep us for Himself. If Christ can be touched by what we feel (our affirmatives), we are also connected to what He experienced (Hebrews 4:15; Philippians 3:10). 

Lastly, we must continually remember, we are one with Christ, we are in Him and He is in us (John 15:4), heirs and joint-heirs together (Romans 8:16-17); therefore do not be surprised when we (you) suffer, struggle or face trials and temptations just as he (James 1-3).

Saints of God, how can we testify that God will bring us (out) through something, if we've never experienced what it's like to be in a fight and win! It's time our faith sustains our testimony. If it does not work for us, how can we tell and convince others it will work for them?

It is time to STOP murmuring and complaining (spectating) about how difficult it is and be grateful and thankful (cheer on) the ONE who's fighting for us (you)! Our praise strengthens and reaffirms what HE has overcome and secured on our behalf. 


God sent Christ to fight and defeat your bully…the devil! Right now, we may be feeling the bullies’ blows during the Fight (his huffing, puffing, and threats) because your mind is focused on the wrong thing...the process and not the outcome." 

"Think of the size of the prize in comparison to the fight you're in." For, at this very moment the fight may be a big, rough and tough battle, but the outcome is a glorious, "one-of-a-kind prize!"

When you (we) praise, instead of spectate, the fight will be over in a matter of moments! During praise we move from the "victims table to the victors circle!" Hallelujah! If you can believe it! It won't take The Lord long to do what He's already done for you! It is so, so act like you know it!

Be encouraged today my friend! Decree and declare right now with me, "my fight is already won and I'm cheering on my CHAMPION! I declare right now, I am victorious! I am coming out of this fight better, faster and smarter then when I went in! My CHAMPION has already won and I am receiving the prize!"

In Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Shalom!


-Apostle BA Ingram of SEED Faith Ministries International, Inc.
(Use the hashtag #Fight on twitter to read the thread)

2 comments:

Here We Are To Worship Ministries said...

MY GOD, Apostle! I feel like preaching!

Here We Are To Worship Ministries said...

Awesome, "Just when I thought I was alone, He was with me waging war on all/everything that oppresses me...Min. Keith."