Thursday, December 29, 2011

MY SON


Just sharing some love! i'm sincerely an extremely proud Mother! indeed, it seemed like only yesterday when i wrote this poem in Dedication to my son! 

"MY SON"
Dedicated to Christopher Hill!


"My Son, Oh how you are growing,
If only we could turn back the hands of time;
TICK…TOCK…
I pray the clock would stop,
Every minute of the day, the moments are too short,
can't we delay?
Before I know it, I'll watch you go away,
Off to school, junior high, and then college,
Just yesterday you were my baby and now you're a scholar;
Today you're a wonderous display of mystery, adventure,
curiosity and tomorrow's greatest expectation;
What will you hope for?
Maybe you'll become a musician, doctor, lawyer, or minister,
Oh, delay…delay the hands of time,
I want to hold you close until you're my baby no longer."

Valerie M. Allen
©1994


Dreams of Yesterday
Poetry Press


TGBATG!

No comments: